CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR DRUM JOURNEY!
If your reading this, you must have some experience playing the frame drum, and are desiring to..
OUR GRADUATES are musicians, healers, therapists, coaches, nurses, teachers, ceremony leaders, sound therapists, drum circle facilitators, college students, and the list goes on.
Frame Drum 202 is a 22 Week/4 Module Comprehensive Training Program - designed for the student who has had at least one year's playing experience. This student is also familiar with the basic playing strokes (doum, tak, ka and pa), and a few extended techniques (single and double snapping, brushing) in the three respective playing styles (lap style, upright, and free- hand). All graduates of our Frame Drum 101 Program qualify to take this program!
The course program is thoughtfully organized, where each lesson builds upon the next.
22 Weeks of Rhythmic Inspiration Awaits...
(Please see full course outline below).
Having completed this program, you will have EXTREME confidence and skill to drum with ease, fluidity and joy, in various meters and playing styles - in the intermediate level.
Now, doesn't that sound good?!
SOME OF OUR GRADUATES!
If you truly wish to deepen your understanding of Frame Drumming, we have the PERFECT option for you! Please check out our Frame Drum 101 & Frame Drum 202 Bundled Course package, where you can enjoy both programs at a super discounted rate! (Please see below for our Bundle package).
“I consider Marla to be the one of the very top percussion performers in the US of today. She is well known in the percussion community for her performance virtuosity and artful skill with hand drums”
Glen Velez, 4 Time Grammy Winning Percussionist, Marla's Mentor
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU GET IN THE PROGRAM:
SCENES FROM THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS!
SCENES FROM OUR LIVE Q&A CALLS
VIP MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE
If you answered YES to any one of these questions, the VIP Membership Program is a great fit for you!
BRING THE ART OF RHYTHM TO LIFE WITH YOUR CUSTOM-TAILORED DRUM PROGRAM.
VIP MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM INCLUDES:
● FULL ACCESS TO THE FRAME DRUM 101 PROGRAM (all VIP members receive full access to the Frame Drum 101 program described above).
● ONE 90 MINUTE PRIVATE TRAINING SESSION WITH MARLA(must be completed July 15, 2018).
● A PERSONALIZED DRUM PROGRAM, "TAILORED FOR YOU EXPERIENCE" - Prior to the first consultation, you will complete a survey that will assist me in crafting a unique, educational and memorable drumming journey for YOU! (*this survey will be emailed to you before the program starts).
● I LOVE HOMEWORK AND SO WILL YOU! Homework will be given after your session. After your lesson, I will check in on you to see how your homework assignment is coming along!
● OTHER POSSIBLE TEACHINGS: In addition to helping with your frame drum technique, Marla can also help you learn: Rhythms for drum circles, rhythms for workshop facilitation, trance rhythms for healing, drumming & chanting, vocal coaching, rhythms for Shamanic drum journeys and frame drum sound therapy techniques.
●OUR VIP MEMBERSHIP IS GREAT FOR: Musicians, Students who wish to deepen their playing, Professionals in the Healing Arts, Yoga teachers, Therapists, Sound Healers, Coaches, Counselors, Spiritual Leaders, Music Teachers, Music Therapists, Sacred Circle and Ceremony leaders who wish to use drumming in their work.
HOW THE VIP LESSONS WORK:
● The VIP lesson is carefully tailored to meet your particular needs. A few weeks before the program starts, I will send you a “student intake” form to fill out where you will be asked to explain your drumming goals, desires and dreams.
● Lessons will be scheduled on a very easy to use online scheduler. You will get a link to this scheduler in the student intake form. All sessions must be completed by July 15, 2018.
● We use a user-friendly online platform for the VIP Sessions. All session are recorded and will be available on a private dropbox link for students to easily download.
VIP MEMBERSHIP IS LIMITED TO ONLY 25 STUDENTS!
(If all spaces fill up, it will be indicated here)
With her background and dedication, Marla is well positioned to make a significant contribution to world music in general, and frame drumming in particular
John Bergamo, Marla’s Mentor, Percussion Director Calarts,
GRADUATION CHALLENGE & COOPERMAN DRUM GIFT!
OUR GRADUATION CHALLENGE & FRAME DRUM ACADEMY CERTIFICATE!:
Everyone who completes ALL four of the Master the Craft Week Assignments will receive a FRAME DRUM ACADEMY GRADUATE CERTIFICATE - that we hope you will put up in the walls of your newly inspired "drum room".
RAFFLE TO WIN A COOPERMAN TYMPANUM DRUM!
Everyone who completes ALL four of the Master The Craft Week Challenges, will also be put into a RAFFLE to win a hand crafted Cooperman TYMPANUM Drum - a beautiful drum that you can enjoy playing in all three styles. There will be only one drum for this raffle - one lucky winner.
About the Tympanum Drum: This "Tympanum" drum was inspired by an ancient Roman mosaic depicting the Greek god Dionysus. Long associated with the cult of Cybele , this tympanum has a distinctive red goatskin drumhead, and employs knotted embellishments to facilitate ecstatic ritualistic drumming.
*The Winner for the Cooperman Drum will be announced November 1, 2018
“Marla is world -renowned and has taught students worldwide through workshops, retreats and also online. A talented artist, she is anchored in beauty, love, and devotion! I highly recommend her.”
Christine Stevens, author, Music Medicine, The Healing Drum Kit
"I was hesitant to sign up as I had no experience, but I did know I loved drumming. I took a chance and enrolled in Marla's Platinum level training Frame Drum 101 program and fell in love with the frame drum. The one on one attention really helped me and I now lead a frame drum circle in London Highly Recommend this program!"
-Sarah Brewersting, London
"Do it! I took Frame Drum 101 last year, and just now went back to practice videos. was newly in awe at the material you so kindly gave us, Marla. It's so helpful to have videos to practice with. I liked that each was short which adds simplicity to practice, especially when I only have a short time to play. Also newly struck by creativity in the videos and their playful nature, and how generous Marla is with the material she presents. Looking forward to frame drum 202"
-Ann Marie Polanski, Maine
If you were to have only one drum for this program, Marla recommends a 16" drum. This is a perfect size for playing in the various playing styles.
Other sizes will be fine for the program, but your hands may hurt if your playing a bigger diameter drum in the upright style (20"-22"), and the sound will be as resonant if you play a smaller drum in the lap free hand styles!
Here are the suggested drum sizes and playing styles:.
Cooperman Drums is our sponsor for this program. Of course, its not essential you play a Cooperman drum for the program, but they are the recommended drums to play! All students enrolled in this program can receive 10% off any frame drum from Cooperman Drum Company (Thank you Cooperman).
Marla is in endorsed artist with Cooperman and has collaborated with them to create a Artist Innovative Series drum called The Marla Tar. You can visit Marla's suggested drums for this program at this link. In the welcome email for the program, you will receive the discount code for purchasing a Cooperman Drum at 10% off.
Other brands of frame drums are fine for this program too.
(ie Remo, Meinl).